The Hope Pantry provides food to homeless families or families in transition in the West Allis/West Milwaukee School District. The Hope Closet is a unique partnership between the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District and Mount Hope Lutheran Church. Every year, over 200 students in the WAWM School District are identified as homeless, or "in transition". Social workers and counselors from each school refer students and their families to the Hope Closet. Families are then invited to come to the Hope Closet to choose new clothing for each family member using a point system.
Since the Hope Closet opened in September 2016, it has expanded to provide other needs such as school supplies, toiletries and cleaning supplies, Christmas toys, and diapers and other items for infants. The Hope Closet is partially funded by the Mt. Hope Budget; the difference is made up through donations from private donors and community organizations.
- Volunteers are always welcome!
- At this time, the Hope Closet is open by appointment only.
- Donations of NEW clothing can be arranged by contacting Donna Jonasen.
- Monetary donations should be made out to Mount Hope Lutheran Church (note 'Hope Closet' on the check). Mail to: Mount Hope Lutheran Church, Attn: Donna Jonasen, 8633 W. Becher St., West Allis, WI 53227
- For more information, contact Donna Jonasen at 414-690-8371 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hope Pantry provides food to homeless families or families in transition in the West Allis/West Milwaukee School District. To learn more about the Hope Pantry click here.